Do not thaw before cooking. Deep frying these frozen solid at around 350 °F works best. The outside cooks perfectly right around the time the cheese thaws and melts internally. They can be fried in a pan, but I don’t recommend baking in an oven.
Breading1 cup low carb bread crumbs
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Egg wash1 large egg
2-3 tbsp heavy cream
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and low carb bread crumbs in a bowl or large plate.
- Mix the egg and heavy cream on a second plate.
- Using a fork, dip a cheese stick in egg wash and coat it completely. Pick up the coated cheese stick with fork and place in the bowl with breading mixture. Bury the cheese stick with the bread crumb mixture using your hands, but do not touch any of the egg/cream coating directly. Coat completely.
- Lift the covered cheese stick with your hands and roll in your palms to compress the breading onto the cheese stick.
- Put the cheese stick back into the egg wash and coat a second time using the fork. Transfer back to the bread crumb mixture with fork and bury it again.
- Lift the doubly covered cheese stick with your hands and roll in your palms to compress the breading onto the cheese stick. Pat the ends flat to ensure a cylindrical shape.
- Put the cheese sticks into a quart sized ziplock bag and store in freezer for a few hours.
- Drop cheese sticks frozen into deep fryer (preferred) or fry in pan.