Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Low Carb Cordially Yours Ice Cream

The “Milkmaids” at MilkMade Ice Cream came up with this flavor that was perfect for me to convert to low carb.
A cherry cordial in ice cream form: amaretto, cherry ice cream with chunks of maraschino cherries and chocolate chips.
This combo was super simple for me since I already have a bottle of Maraschino Cherry Flavor Concentrate from Natures Flavors and amaretto flavoring from LorAnn Oils. (Of course, I won’t be adding any bits of maraschino cherry due to the sugar content.) Low carb dark chocolate chips as a mix-in will complete the formula. I thought about shaving some 100% dark chocolate instead of the chips, but that involves extra work, so...

This recipe should work for any of my low carb ice cream bases, but I only tried it with my 11.5% Philadelphia Style one. I’d suggest cutting back on the flavorings if using one of my other ones.

I should note that the flavor as described in their blog posting in 2012 is different than what was posted in 2014. The newer version includes a white chocolate ganache. I’ve made low carb white chocolate in the past, so I’ll leave it as an exercise to the reader to take on that challenge.

Ingredients


Low Carb Sweet Cream Base
1-2 teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Flavor Concentrate
1-2 teaspoons LorAnn Oils Amaretto Flavor
70 g (between ⅓ and ½ cup) Lily’s Chocolate - All Natural Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips

Directions

  1. Follow the instructions for the Low Carb Sweet Cream Base and mix in the concentrate early on. Add the amaretto flavoring after the mix has cooled. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours, if necessary.
  2. Follow your ice cream maker’s directions for making ice cream. Add chocolate chips to the ice cream maker approximately ten minutes before it’s done. Remove from the ice cream maker using a silicone spatula into the container. Freeze until solid.
Scoops of ice cream.

Scoops of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment