Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Low Carb Dulce de Leche Ice Cream

I can’t deny it. I’ve become a bit of a snob when it comes to ice cream. I experimented with Dulce de Leche flavorings in the past, but I didn’t post the results. Why? Because ice cream without anything to mix-in is boring. Honestly, would you care if I posted a recipe that was just “add flavoring to the mix” and nothing more? No, you wouldn’t. Luckily, a new cookie from Highkey was a really good match: Almond Tea Cookies. They remind me of sugar-glazed Italian cookies from my youth.

I tried Dulce de Leche extract from Natures Flavors and Alpha Freezz. Both are great but I’d probably choose the latter since it doesn’t mask the cookies as much as the former. I also tried Crème Brûlée flavoring and these cookies are a perfect match. Please give it a try, too.

Ingredients


Low Carb Sweet Cream Base
1-2 tablespoons Alpha Freezz Dulce de Leche or 1-2 teaspoons Dulce de Leche Extract, Natural
2 bags HighKey Keto Snacks Low Carb Almond Tea Cookies: Vanilla


Directions

  1. Add the cookies to an empty ice cream container and place it in the refrigerator.
  2. Follow the instructions for the Low Carb Sweet Cream Base. Add the extract after the mix has cooled, if applicable. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
  3. Follow your ice cream maker’s directions for making ice cream. Add the cookies to the ice cream maker 1-2 minutes before it’s complete. Remove from the ice cream maker using a silicone spatula into the container. Freeze until solid.
Scoops of Ice Cream

Scoops of Ice Cream

Scoops of ice cream.

Scoops of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment