Monday, June 30, 2014

LorAnn Oils Flavor Fountain Flavors

I’m always on the lookout for new sources of flavorings and extracts to use in low carb recipe conversions. LorAnn Oils makes flavorings specifically for ice cream and milkshakes called “Flavor Fountain Flavors.” They’re available in small serving sizes, are unsweetened, and contain both flavoring and coloring.

Bottles of flavorings.

I’m assuming these flavorings are water soluble, unlike the essential oils products they also make. Therefore, the banana flavor fountain product will probably work a lot better than other kinds of banana flavorings or extracts. I’ve tried the cake batter and pistachio so far and they both result in an incredible ice cream. I purchased a whole bunch of these, so it’s a safe bet that I’ll be using them in future ice creams quite a bit.

I buy these flavorings from Netrition. The have a huge selection of these on their website.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to preview and it deleted my comment. Hopefully this comment doesn't post twice. I said in my other comment that I think you're awesome and thanks for sharing your knowledge and recipes. I love ice cream and think this would be a great way to up my fat intake in a delicious sort of way. I would like to try to make something similar http://www.graeters.com/black-raspberry-chocolate-chip using the flavor fountain flavors. Do you have a recommendation for how much should be added to the sweet cream base to get a good flavor? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One tablespoon for the regular sweet cream bases. If you use my new 11.5% milkfat base, double it.

    ReplyDelete